Information and Guidelines for Weddings
at The Church of the Holy Cross
and at St. John’s Episcopal Church
Surely there are few experiences in life to compare with the joy and significance of Christian Marriage. The commitment of one to another in marriage is both unique and sacred, and deserves the utmost thought, care, and planning.
To that end, we have prepared a booklet of information and guidelines to ensure that you are thoroughly familiar with the requirements of The Episcopal Church in the celebration of the sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Please be certain to read through each page of this document and then let us know if you have any questions.
- Please read through this entire document: Holy Cross Wedding Information Booklet
- Contact Ahren Koenig, Parish Administrator, (828-963-4609 ext. 21) to secure the necessary forms, dates, and make arrangements for required payments and fees.
- Sign and Return your completed Policy Agreement and Wedding Reservation forms with the accompanying deposits/fees.
- After you have secured your wedding date and completed your reservation form, contact the Rector to schedule your premarital preparation classes (i.e. premarital counseling).
- The Rector will require that you complete the Declaration of Intention and submit any required documentation should this be a remarriage for either the bride or groom.
- Secure a Marriage License for North Carolina. Marriage licenses are issued through:
The Register of Deeds,
Watauga County Courthouse,
842 West King Street, Boone, NC 28607
- Schedule a meeting with Elaine Kallestad, our Church organist. The Parish Administrator can assist you in scheduling that meeting.
- Meet with your assigned wedding coordinator.
- In order to confirm and reserve your wedding date at Holy Cross/St. John’s, you must read, complete & return pages 3 & 4, and submit the booking fee to: Holy Cross Church PO Box 645, Valle Crucis, NC 28691, Phone: 828-963-4609. All other required documents follow thereafter per the due dates described in this guideline/policy.
We will guide you through the remaining planning steps after you have completed the above.